Longtime “Days of Our Lives” co-executive producer Albert Alarr has been ousted following accusations he made inappropriate comments, bullied employees, groped female cast members and fostered a toxic work environment.
“It is hard to overstate how heartbreaking I find this situation … It’s important to set the record straight. Every day, I worked with hundreds of people, the overwhelming majority of whom would disagree with recent mischaracterizations of me,” Alarr, 67, said in a Friday statement to The Wrap.
“I have been in this industry for decades, and not a single complaint has ever been made against me until now. Many of the claims recently referenced in the media are simply false.”
Alarr’s exit follows the conclusion of a nine-week misconduct investigation and the launch of a petition signed by more than two dozen cast members calling for his removal, saying they feel “very uncomfortable and distraught should he stay involved with the show.”
“These allegations were already examined in a detailed and entirely independent investigation that lasted for two months. Dozens of individuals cooperated and every claim was thoroughly looked into,” Alarr said in his statement to The Wrap.
“At the end of that process, the decision was made that I should continue in my role as co-executive producer. Now, with no new facts presented, the studios have reversed course and caved to a cynical pressure campaign to force me out of my job,” he added.
Alarr concludes his statement by saying that he will always treasure his time on the show, and he is proud to be “the only black director/producer in daytime soap operas.”
The Post reached out to Alarr for comment.
Deadline reported last month that Alarr was being investigated for a complaint that alleged that women had been disproportionally affected by layoffs earlier this year and that female cast members were not receiving equal pay.
Following the report, at least 25 people tied to the long-running soap opera, including “Days” alumni Lisa Rinna and Farah Galfond, signed the petition.
“Listen to what they are saying — there is a petition [sic] 25 people have signed it,” Rinna, also an alum of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,” said in an Instagram Story. “Protect your young actors!! This has gone on for far too long.”
Galfond, who initially appeared on the show from 1999 to 2007, recalled her experience with Alarr during her first sex scene, at the age of 19.
“He was new, so I was already nervous not having one of the other directors that I was used to,” Galfond, 39, wrote on social media. “I was extremely modest and freaked out to be standing in my underwear in front of dozens of crew (a.k.a. men that had known me since I was 15… ew) and did Albert do or say one little thing to make me feel remotely at ease? Absolutely not.”
“He pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed me on a particular issue, and was annoyed when I stood my ground,” Galfond claimed.
In a note sent to cast and crew Friday that was obtained by The Post, Corday Productions promised an “increased HR presence” and insisted that shooting schedules will remain the same.
Janet Drucker, who served as a coordinating producer, will succeed Alarr.
“Days of Our Lives,” which premiered in 1965, is available to stream on Peacock.