Early Addition is a daily newsletter to guide you through New York City news, plus other tidbits from around the internet. Sign up here to get the full version in your inbox every weekday morning.
Good Monday morning in New York City, where that could be you on the 1s and 2s.
Here’s what else is happening:
- Who’s going to run against Mayor Eric Adams in 2025? Here’s a very early list of possible candidates.
- Meanwhile, Adams won his recent battle over a $300 ticket for a rat infestation at his Brooklyn townhouse after he compiled video evidence suggesting that a city inspector never actually came by.
- An arsonist set fire to a barn at a horse racing track in western New York last Thursday, killing 30 horses.
- The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree has arrived.
- An Upper West Side woman may or may not have yelled, “Tony Danza, stop being an a**hole!” after the “Who’s The Boss?” star nearly collided with her dog on the sidewalk.
- “Stephen King is susceptible to artificial intelligence. … The worse the writing, the more susceptible it is to artificial intelligence”: Famed literary agent Andrew Wylie said some spicy stuff in this interview with the Times.
- Oreo truthers are convinced that parent company Mondelez is skimping on the creme.
- And finally, get after it y’all: