Early Addition is a daily newsletter to guide you through New York City news, plus other tidbits from around the internet. Sign up here to get the full version in your inbox every weekday morning.
Good Friday morning in New York City, where there’s a new ice skating rink down under the Manhattan Bridge.
Here’s what else is happening:
- “I don’t walk into work every day prepped to have, you know, a debate about an enormous war that’s going on. I come in to make coffee”: Former baristas at Caffe Aronne, the Upper East Side coffee shop that’s become the center of an Israel-Hamas proxy war, told Hell Gate why a bunch of them have quit.
- R&B singer Cassie is suing her former partner, Sean “Diddy” Combs, for rape and repeated physical abuse.
- Justin Theroux appeared in a Manhattan court yesterday to try to evict his downstairs neighbor from their Greenwich Village co-op. (Theroux accused his neighbor, a real estate lawyer, of spitefully killing ivy plants on the building’s rear facade, among other violations.)
- André 3000‘s new album of improvised flute music makes up for its lack of lyrics with track titles like “That Night in Hawaii When I Turned Into a Panther and Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn’t Control … Sh¥t Was Wild.”
- The first practice session for the Formula 1 Las Vegas race lasted eight minutes before a Ferrari drove over a Las Vegas Boulevard manhole cover at about 200 mph, causing it to blow off.
- We’re less than a week away from Thanksgiving, which means the growth-mindset TikTokkers are already posting their New Year’s resolutions.
- The city’s latest tweezer food hotspot is located inside the Herald Square B/D/F/M/N/Q/R/W station.
- And finally, go get em: