It’s Tuesday afternoon in New York City, where the rain has begun.
Here’s what else is happening:
- The migrant shelter complex at Floyd Bennett Field has been evacuated ahead of this storm.
- Vendors who were evicted from the Brooklyn Bridge pedestrian path have relocated to the sidewalks of DUMBO.
- Curbed teamed up with an architecture firm to create a hypothetical redesign of a NYCHA complex — and they came up with a plan to gut renovate the buildings and give all the units balconies … which would realistically require “renting some, maybe all, of the new apartments at market rates,” but hey it looks cool.
- Long Island City is getting a giant H Mart food court.
- Police arrested ten people for breaking into the Chabad-Lubavitch headquarters in Crown Heights and attempting to thwart a construction crew from filling in secret tunnels underneath the building.
- Alison Roman has opened a little general store in Bloomville, N.Y., which is an hour and a half west of Hudson.
- “I know now more than ever that we need a place for honest debate and discussion without the hall monitors”: Don Lemon is starting a show on X.
- Waxahatchee and M.J. Lenderman have a new song together, yee haw!
- And finally, ain’t gonna eat ya: