It’s Monday afternoon in New York City, where Chloë Sevigny says you gotta clean up after your dog.
Here’s what else is happening:
- A resident of NYCHA’s Langston Hughes Houses in Brownsville has died after contracting Legionnaires’ disease, and vulnerable residents are currently being advised not to take showers while the complex’s water undergoes testing.
- “I think we got a little sloppy,” said NYPD Chief of Patrol John Chell in explaining why the department is bringing back its no-beard policy.
- NJ.com has a good feature about Eric “Uggie” Bowens, a beloved Newark man with autism who was murdered in 2016 and whose case still hasn’t been solved despite a $20,000 reward for information.
- Secaucus, New Jersey, is installing cameras on every street going in and out of the town to crack down on rising car thefts.
- The Intrepid Museum — the old war ship on the Hudson River — is getting a massive exhibition about the Apollo 11 mission to the moon.
- Facebook’s independent oversight board has determined that a video suggesting Joe Biden is a pedophile is fair game.
- Doctors are cautioning that a high from weed lasts way longer than a buzz from drinking, so you should probably wait six to eight hours after ingesting THC to drive.
- Get yourself some fringe friends.
- And finally, snack break: