It’s Tuesday afternoon in New York City, where you’ll soon be allowed to grow your own weed.
Here’s what else is happening:
- Some people think the yellow metal gates covering parts of the 191st Street subway platform are ugly.
- About 400 Condé Nast workers in NYC walked off the job today to protest recently announced layoffs.
- The Amazon Labor Union made national headlines in 2022 for getting Staten Island warehouse workers to unionize but now is struggling to get other facilities to join, is nearly broke, is facing a massive effort by Amazon to shut them down, and its leader Chris Smalls — who said he’s interested in possibly running for U.S. president — appears to be facing internal pushback.
- A new Mahatma Gandhi statue has gone up outside a Hindu temple in South Richmond Hill, Queens, where a previous Gandhi statue was destroyed in a 2022 hate crime.
- A West Village TikToker got an unnamed billionaire to pay his rent for three months in exchange for briefly vacating his apartment for some confusing reason.
- Several Target employees said they were fired for using their insider status to purchase limited edition Stanley cups.
- The Pope said it: Wine is a gift from God.
- Here are this year’s Oscar nominees.
- And finally, this is very close to a dock: