It’s Monday afternoon in New York City, where that was, in fact, an earthquake that shook Queens earlier.
Here’s what else is happening:
- A driver fleeing police crashed into a sidewalk and hit a food truck in Midtown early this morning, leaving 10 people injured.
- Police said a retired cop got out of his car and shot someone in Brighton Beach yesterday in what was possibly an attempt to intervene in a robbery.
- Gov. Kathy Hochul said the state Transportation Department filled more than 1 million potholes across New York City last year.
- Over the past decade, federal Department of Agriculture workers have discreetly been killing deer with silenced sniper rifles in Washington, D.C. parks.
- The original Mickey Mouse of “Steamboat Willie” fame entered the public domain today, and there’s already a trailer for a bad Mickey slasher movie that’s expected to come out in March.
- It’s crunch time for Joe Lieberman’s “No Labels” party to come up with its unity ticket for the 2024 presidential election.
- Freak your toilet seat.
- It’s Damp January, okay.
- And finally, yeah can I just have a taste of the vanilla?: