In wake of Jan. 6 arrest, funeral home announces ownership change

Photo of author

By Dan Sears

Listen to this article

Seven months after a Long Island funeral home co-owner was charged in the Jan. 6 melee, the family business has announced an ownership change.

On Tuesday, Dan Moloney Jr., president of Moloney Family Funeral Home, announced with Peter Moloney, vice president of the company, that a mutual agreement had been reached to transfer Peter’s interests in the company.

According to the company, both Peter, and his son Connor Moloney, have “fully transitioned away from involvement in the Moloney Family business.”

“It has been a privilege to care for the community and to work with great people throughout our years at Moloney’s. While our commitment to serving the communities of Long Island remains steadfast, after much consideration we have decided to pursue other opportunities on our own and we are excited about our future,” Peter and Connor said in a written statement.

“Our family has served the Long Island community for over 90 years. We look forward to continuing this relationship for generations to come,” Dan said in a written statement.

See also  Sony faces multi-billion dollar lawsuit for overcharging Playstation customers

In June, Peter, who was charged with assaulting police officers and other felony charges, was placed on administrative leave.

LIBN was unable to immediately ascertain the status of the case.

At the time of the charges, the charging documents were unsealed.

“Moloney did not simply march to the Capitol with other protestors. He brought protective eyewear, a helmet, and a can of Black Flag Wasp, Hornet & Yellow Jacket Killer,” an FBI agent stated in an affidavit. “This indicates that he went to the Capitol on January 6, 2021, prepared for violence.”

Founded in 1933, Moloney Family Funeral Homes now has seven locations, including Lake Ronkonkoma, Holbrook, Bohemia, Hauppauge, Central Islip, Port Jefferson and Center Moriches.

Rate this post

Leave a Comment