That’s a shame.
“Seinfeld” star Jason Alexander, 64, claims he has not heard from Jerry Seinfeld, 69, about a possible reunion or reboot of the hit NBC sitcom.
“There is only one reason for that rumor. Apparently, at the end of some stand-up thing, [Seinfeld] went, ‘Larry [David] and I are thinking of something,’” Alexander told “Extra” on Monday.
“Good for you. I don’t know anything about it… No one called me. Apparently, they don’t need George,” he snarked.
Alexander portrayed down-on-his-luck George Costanza on “Seinfeld” throughout its entire run, from 1989 to 1998.
His performance earned him nominations for seven Primetime Emmys and four Golden Globes.
Alexander also claims other members of the famous foursome are just as ill-informed as he is about bringing the group back together.
“They may not need Elaine, because Julia [Louis-Dreyfus] and I went, ‘Do you know anything about this? I don’t know anything about this,’ and I just talked to Michael [Richards] the other day and I don’t think he knew anything about it,” Alexander told “Extra.”
The Post has contacted reps for Louis-Dreyfus, 62, Richards, 74, “Seinfeld” co-creator Larry David, 76, and Seinfeld for comment.
“I just saw [that news] last night,” Louis-Dreyfus told The Guardian last month about Seinfeld’s bit. “And I don’t know what the hell he’s talking about.”
Buzz around a possible “Seinfeld” project spread after Seinfeld spoke about it onstage last month during a standup set in Boston.
“Something is going to happen that has to do with that ending,” the comedian teased. “It hasn’t happened yet. Just what you are thinking about, Larry and I have also been thinking about. So, you’ll see.”
More than 76 million viewers tuned in to watch Seinfeld and his friends get thrown in jail in the series finale — a controversial ending to a blockbuster comedy.