King Charles is still in “great pain” from the fallout of his son Prince Harry’s continuous attacks on the royal family, according to a report.
The Duke of Sussex, 39, made countless stinging revelations about the royal family in the last year with the releases of several high-profile projects, such as his tell-all memoir “Spare,” and his and wife Meghan Markle’s Netflix documentary, “Harry & Meghan.”
And it seems as though his words cut deep, as the monarch is still picking up the pieces 5,459 miles away.
“Has His Majesty made mistakes when it comes to parenting? Yes,” a source told Daily Mail. “Would he privately admit he could have done some things better, or at least differently? Of course.”
“But while I am sure they still don’t agree on everything all the time, he and the Prince of Wales are firmly united now around a common shared interest, which is to keep the institution in a place where it can serve the nation,” the insider went on.
“This was happening anyway as the late Queen got older, but there’s no doubt what happened with Harry brought everything into sharp relief.”
The source added that Charles feels “great pain” over his heavily-strained relationship with Harry, and that there’s been “barely any level of communication” between the two camps.
“There is undeniable anger at the anguish the King believes Harry caused the late Queen in the last years of her life, not to mention the insults he has heaped upon his own wife Camilla, of whom Charles is understandably protective,” he added.
The Post has reached out to Buckingham Palace for comment.
It comes after royal expert and commentator Richard Fitzwilliams claimed that Harry simply “doesn’t care” about not being invited to his dad’s upcoming birthday celebration next week.
The Sussexes reportedly didn’t make it on to the guest list for His Majesty’s upcoming 75th birthday gathering at Clarence House on November 14.
“I really don’t think Harry cares about not being invited to his father’s 75th. The rift runs deep,” Fitzwilliams told the Daily Express.
“The Sussexes reportedly still want an apology from the royal family,” he continued. “What the future holds is uncertain. It is not a pleasant prospect for King Charles to deal with.”
Harry and Meghan, for their part, have said that there’s been “no contact” from the royals about the fête.
“In response to UK media headlines, there has been no contact regarding an invitation to his majesty’s upcoming birthday,” their rep told The Post. “It is disappointing the Sunday Times has misreported this story.”
The King’s close family and friends will attend – including Prince William, 41, Kate Middleton, 41, and Queen Camilla, 76 – but Harry and Meghan will be no-shows at the bash.
Fitzwilliams said it would “take years” for Harry and the royals to reconcile, hinting that the Firm no longer trusts the Sussexes and their intentions.