Tory Lanez maintained his innocence after he was sentenced to a decade in jail for shooting Megan Thee Stallion in the foot.
“I have never let a hard time intimidate me, I will never let no jail time eliminate me. Regardless of how they spin my words, I have always maintained my innocence and I always will,” he wrote in an Instagram post Thursday.
“This week in court I took responsibility for all verbal and intimate moments that I shared with the parties involved …. That’s it.
The Canadian rapper, 31, furthered that “in no way shape or form was I apologizing for the charges I’m being wrongfully convicted of.”
“I remain on the stance that I refuse to apologize for something I did not do,” he noted.
“I’ve faced adversity my whole life and every time it looked like I would lose, I came on top, This is nothing but another moment where my back is against the wall and I refuse to stop fighting till I come out victorious.”
He concluded his lengthy post by saying that “tough times don’t last, tough people do” before thanking his fans, friends, and family for their support.
“See you soon,” he vowed at the end.
His comment comes one day after he was sentenced to spend 10 years behind bars for shooting the “Savage” singer’s foot.
He had been found guilty of three federal charges — assault with a semiautomatic firearm, having a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle and discharging a firearm with gross negligence — in December 2022 and was initially facing 22 years.
On July 12, 2020, Megan, her former best friend Kelsey Harris, Lanez and his security guard left a party at Kylie Jenner’s mansion in Hollywood Hills, Calif.
On the way back, per the prosecution, Megan and Lanez got into an argument and the driver pulled over to let the “Body” rapper out of the car.
“I’m in shock. I’m scared,” the Houston native, 28, recalled during the trial. “I hear the gun going off, and I can’t believe he’s shooting at me.”
For more Page Six you love …
Despite claiming he did not shoot Megan, Lanez said during the sentencing, “I said some very immature things that I shouldn’t have said. I revealed some secrets I shouldn’t have revealed.”
However, Megan called for justice when District Attorney Kathy Ta read a victim impact statement on her behalf.
“He not only shot me, he made a mockery of my trauma,” she wrote of Lanez in excerpts obtained by Page Six. “He tried to position himself as a victim and set out to destroy my character and my soul.”
“At first, he tried to deny the shooting ever happened. Then, he attempted to place the blame on my former best friend,” she continued. “In his tantrum of lies, he’s blamed the system, blamed the press and, as of late, he’s using his childhood trauma to shield himself and avoid culpability.”
The rapper, whose real name is Megan Jovon Ruth Pete, concluded her statement by arguing that Lanez “must be forced to face the full consequences of his heinous actions and face justice.”